dorset ghost investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dorset ghost investigators

To discuss about anything paranormal, and to discuss about our investigations with FULL videos, EVP's and photos.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arbroath Abbey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abyssery

Arbroath Abbey Empty
PostSubject: Arbroath Abbey   Arbroath Abbey Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 am

Arbroath Abbey is in Scotland though, not England. Worth the trip in my eye's. It has a very rich history with many sightings of monks walking about the abbey's grounds and sounds of chanting. It has been reputed that a monk appears in the Round O' part of the abbey at a certain time long into the night. The Abbey was built from sandstone from the near by cliffs, there lay tunnels which lead from the cliffs directly to the abbey but I'm sure they have been closed off or simply lost in time but they are there. The pipers cave in Arbroath is also a place to check, apparently a piper was killed in the cave some 700 years ago and on some stormy nights he plays his pipes, this can be heard from in the mainland. I'm an Arbroath man, I have heard this. Coincidence? perhaps but it's doubtful anyone would play pipes at 3am! It was as real and eerie as the Roman drums playing in the distance in one of your episodes!

Back to top Go down
dorsetghostinvestigators
Admin

Arbroath Abbey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbroath Abbey   Arbroath Abbey Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 am

Abyssery wrote:
Arbroath Abbey is in Scotland though, not England. Worth the trip in my eye's. It has a very rich history with many sightings of monks walking about the abbey's grounds and sounds of chanting. It has been reputed that a monk appears in the Round O' part of the abbey at a certain time long into the night. The Abbey was built from sandstone from the near by cliffs, there lay tunnels which lead from the cliffs directly to the abbey but I'm sure they have been closed off or simply lost in time but they are there. The pipers cave in Arbroath is also a place to check, apparently a piper was killed in the cave some 700 years ago and on some stormy nights he plays his pipes, this can be heard from in the mainland. I'm an Arbroath man, I have heard this. Coincidence? perhaps but it's doubtful anyone would play pipes at 3am! It was as real and eerie as the Roman drums playing in the distance in one of your episodes!

Hello, and welcome to our forum. We're going to add Arbroath Abbey to our website, and we'll love to one day investigate this Abbey.

Thank You for contacting us, and we agree it's unlikely someone is playing pipes at 3am. We investigated lulworth cove where some of our viewers were contacting us saying they was hearing noises like drums. We looked online and it has a history of people saying they was hearing drums where some believe it was from the roman legion that fell down the cliff. Well when we investigated Lulworth cove, we also heard these noises like drums, it ws very strange. This was at like 4am, and it clearly sounded like drums, and luckily we caught it on our footage. We looked, but couldn't explain where this noise was coming from.

Hopefully one day we'll be able to investigate Arbroath Abbey.
Back to top Go down
https://dorsetghostinvestiga.forumotion.com

Arbroath Abbey
Page 1 of 1